CAREER PLANNING AND CORPORATE RELATIONS
Head, Corporate Relations
100% Placement Guarantee
The Institute takes full responsibility to provide career opportunities to all the students. Even during the recessionary period the Institute achieved 100% placement record.
Worldwide placement opportunity
The Institute enlists the support of international placement agencies to seek global career opportunities. Many of our students are already working abroad.
Study Visits abroad
As part of its objectives to provide participants to explore global career opportunities the Academy offers opportunity to have an international exposure through a structured programme of visit abroad. Selected deserving candidates may be sponsored for study abroad. The Academy has a provision for sponsoring deserving students to present papers in international conferences.
The Academy takes responsibility of 100% placement for all the students registered in any of the Digital Leadership and Dual Degree programs and who have achieved necessary quality standards in academic performance. Career planning is a continuous exercise and the process begins from the day you enter the Program of Learning at the Academy. You may notice that in our Ecology of Learning there are in-built modules to prepare you for the corporate life. In order to provide scientific career counseling, the natural orientation and aptitude of each student is assessed through psychometric testing and the students are guided to look for opportunities in companies that best suit their temperament.
The Academy maintains a permanent cell for “Career Planning and Corporate Relations” (CPCR). The Unit is headed by a senior industry professional with four decades of corporate experience and assisted by a team of Executives. There will be one student coordinator from each program of Study. The Academy has a clearly laid down Placement Policy and follows a well structured and systematic process to facilitate Career planning and corporate relations for all students. The CPCR Unit functions as facilitator and counselor in assisting the placement process.
The CPCR unit organizes various programs which collectively constitute Pre-Placement Training Programs. These may include modules on Current Affairs, General Aptitude, Technical Aptitude, training to improve Presentation Skills, Group Discussion Skills, Debating Skills, Interviews Skills & Mock Interviews, Industrial Analytics Workshops, etc.
Company–specific orientation is conducted for students prior to placement. A special orientation program is conducted for all students to prepare them for Study Abroad Program and other International activities organized by Academy.
Rules for Placement
- It is mandatory for all students to register with the CPCR and follow all guidelines issued from time–to-time. Even when a student is pursuing his / her own path of placement he / she must keep in touch with the CPCR and continuously update.
- CPCR follows “ONE STUDENT ONE JOB OFFER AT THE FIRST INSTANCE” policy. However, if a candidate who has an offer but within the placement season another company comes with better prospects, the student may be allowed to appear one more time only.
- If any candidate registers to participate in the placement process of a company but fails to appear for pre-placement training or report on appointed time & date of selection process, the candidate will be dropped from the placement activity until further counseling.
- The Placement facility is available to all the students registered with CPCR Cell through the policy ONE JOB TO ONE STUDENT AT THE FIRST INSTANCE.
- All students are responsible to stay in constant touch with CPCR Coordinators for details and updates regarding Placement Matters.
- The students are required to submit a certificate showing their academic performance as well as satisfactory conduct in the institute/hostel signed by all concerned department faculties & wardens to the CPCR for further consideration.
- Any negative remark in this regard made by any faculty or warden against any student will make him/her ineligible for the entire campus placement process.
- All students must keep their identity card with them at the time of PPT/Written Test/GD/PI and produce the same when demanded by the visiting team or CPCR Cell Staff.
- All students must appear in formals.
Code of Conduct:
- All post job-offer communication between student and company should be channelized through the placement cell. Direct communications with the company officials are not allowed.
- It is mandatory for the students to register with the company to participate in the placement process of the company.
- Attendance in PPT is mandatory after registration, to be eligible for further placement process.
- Students proceeding after the PPT for the next step in the selection process of the company cannot quit in between. If a student quits in between, then he/she will be debarred and will not be allowed to appear in any other further placement event.
- Any kind of misbehaviour/complaints reported by the company officials will be taken seriously and if proven, the student will be debarred from future campus placements.
- Student should get an aggregate of 60% & above in all exams.
- Student should not have any backlog in any subject.
- Student must secure a minimum of 60% score in internal marks and participate in soft skill training and mentoring programs conducted in the Academy.
CPCR unit gathers company requirement on continuous basis throughout the year and continuously match profiles of eligible candidates. This activity is vital to enable the students to achieve desired career objectives and CPCR to match the profiles quickly and grab the opportunity. This information also helps in integrating new skill sets into the curriculum enhancing employability of the students.
- Usually, companies give a Pre-Placement Talk [PPT] laying out the details of the company and the offer before the process. In case there is no PPT by the company, then the CPCR department would give a PPT.
- Once the student appears for the process, the student cannot reject the offer made by the company
- Incase if a company has a specific requirement / request, the recruitment committee has all the rights to nominate a set / individual student(s) and it is mandatory that student/s has to attend the interview. In case selected and an offer is made, then student is free to decide about the same
- Each student shall be eligible for only one offer. Till a confirmed offer letter is accepted by the student offered by the company
- A company is free to make their choice of students irrespective of their specialization
- If the Pre-Placement Offer is accepted, the student will have to opt out of the institute placement process. However, a student with pending Pre-Placement Interview Offer is eligible to participate in the placement process
- Any student who does not clear the first two stages for 5 companies or the Personal Interview stage for 3 companies shall not be allowed to appear for the placement till the whole batch is placed
- Companies offering international placements, paying in a currency other than the rupee are allowed to make spot offers to students, selecting them as consultants
- The companies are free to make spot offers. The offers shall be made only through the office of the CPCR.
- In case a student who is placed through the Academy’s placement process takes up private placement as well in another company, the Director, in consultation with the companies concerned, shall nullify both the offers
- The appointment letter(s) will be in the custody of the Director and will be handed over to the student only at the convocation, after he/she has been deemed to have cleared the entire course and also after he / she has no dues towards the institute. In case the student does not pass the course, the appointment letter shall be withheld. However, the company is free to recruit the student
- All correspondence to and from the company will be routed through the Career Planning & Corporate Relations cell only
- After the convocation, unless the company brings any breach of commitment on the part of the student to the notice of the CPCR cell the Academy would have completed its duty.